PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: re: Bowling pin shooting?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:23 pm 
.22 cal

Pin shoots at our club consist of three sets of five pins lined up on a 2x6 railing at about 25ft. You are allowed up to 6 shots per group of 5 pins. This makes it fairer for those shooting revolvers. We generally try to reserve a set of pins just for .22s because otherwise they can be weighted down so much by .45 bullets that a .22 just won't knock them over! We just send out the times to all participants via email and if you didn't manage to knock them all down, you are listed by how many you got rather than a time. We generally have about half the shooters get them all down.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:19 am 
.22 cal

10 pin shooting is the most fun of all the pistol games. Trouble is that a lot of misinformation has been taken as gospel re the safety of shots hitting the pins and somehow escaping the range. I used to shoot pins every Sun. aft. in Md. and we had a ball. Most used cal. was the .45acp, but a lot of .357 shooters and some .44mags were always on hand. Just for the heck of it, one of the guys brought his TC in 45/70. It's a single shot pin destroyer and wrist breaker. Unfortunately, the ruling mullahs, all bullseye shooters, voted to ban pin shooting. It's been a few years since I've shot pins, and I still miss it.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:21 am 
.22 cal

Pin shooting is alot of Fun I go twice a week at two seperate ranges here In Kansas city Mo. It is a lot of fun. I always shoot from holster. I can run consistent times of 2.36 all day. I shoot a Comped 9mm STI EDGE. Now my Quickest time for 10 pins was 3.32 we always play games if time permits.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:57 pm 
.22 cal

I have been shooting bowling pin matches for a few months now. It is a lot of fun. They have classes for 22LR through 44 Mag as well as classes for 12 GA and Carbines. The guys that use 9mm Carbines really tear up the pins, but last month some of the guys were getting times of around 3 seconds with Kel-Tech Carbines. I prefer to use my 45 ACP and my 12 Ga pump. My best time has been around 6 seconds with the 12 GA. I would highly recommond trying out the pin match.

Post subject: Re: Bowling pin shooting?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:51 am 
.22 cal

In love with pin & clay shooting...wonder, how shooting games sharp one's shooting skill.
Just step into shooting world, no promising record yet, understanding basics. BUT my passion is improving practice, overcoming pin shooting precision. Not much luck yet but hopeful. Your records are motivator booster.