PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Target Shooting Problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 am 
.22 cal

I am an experienced pistol shooter(plinker) who has been away from shooting for a while and recently started shooting again. I shoot a Ruger Single Six .22, right handed. I have sighted the pistol from a rest to be on target center. Shooting one handed my shots tend to group at 9 oclock on the target. I have worked on my trigger control and am getting the proper "surprise" trigger break. I tend to think the problem may be with my grip. Any suggestions would be much appreciatrd.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Target Shooting Problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:01 pm 
.22 cal

This target shooting video scares me every time I watch it. Scary, lucky, crazy. Imagine a .50 cal another inch to the side....yikes. http://www.shareyourhunt.com/video/50-caliberclose-one there has to be a safer way to site in your gun. This site is sweet for crazy hunting/gun related videos http://www.shareyourhunt.com/video

Post subject: Re: Target Shooting Problem
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:17 pm 
.22 cal

sorry if this is repeat but my original post did not go through

anyway I am a novice

I have been waiting for 3months for my permit so I can buy and shoot my own weapons

that said, shooting at the range wa s frustrating and expensive as I only had the NRA basic course to go by and no instruction

I ended up reading encyclopeiaofbullseyepistol.com--the US army marksmanship manual is in there+ on ine I found the Marines manual of pistol marksmanship

Finally I found Al Legions perfectpistolshot.com-- that blog + his book helped me a lot

I followed his suggestions and added some I have seen on youtube(Todd Jarrett has great videos, fist-fire has one too) about grips and trigger control and front sight use.

I am more consistent now-- still have a long way to go but I am better

hope this helps

happy memorial day to all thos e who served. good safe shooting to you too :lol: :mrgreen:

rob