airsoft practice

Discuss target shooting with a pistol and related topics.

airsoft practice

Postby laccanookie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:30 pm

I was wondering do you guys think practice with an airsoft pistol is a good idea? it shoots 350 feet a sec. We are makin spinner targets and all kinds of others and we can shoot em in the house and it really gets my 9 and 11 year old involved
laccanookie
.22 cal

re: airsoft practice

Postby Fuelburns2 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:50 am

I think its a great way to practice and teach safe handling and responsible use. If the gun is accurate then it could also be a suitable target practice tool.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

HELP ME! I'M BUYING GUNS AND CAN'T STOP!
Fuelburns2
.45 cal

Postby uglydog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:49 pm

The guns I shoot the most often are a Gamo CO2 copy of a 1911 BB gun and a Crossman 357 CO2 pistol that shoots .177" pellets. Even with the C02 cylinders they are pretty cheap to shoot and are unparalleled for fun. I practice in the basement all winter long and when it rains which makes one a much bvetter pistol shot with the bigger guns. It also really helps with technique as the much slower speeds of the projectile makes the follow through after the trigger squeeze much more important. This is due to the pellet taking so long getting out of the barrel compared to a powder driven bullet. Adjusting to the recoil is much easier than holding the follow through in my estimation. Just remember to always were glasses as the popular movie this time of years says, "You could put your eye out".
uglydog
.45 cal

Postby TheRedScare » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 am

I recommend high power pellet guns. They are much less safe but can prepare your kids for a lifetime of shooting and pay for college. I wish I got into intercollegiate air rifle shooting.
Keep asking yourself: "How am I not myself?"
TheRedScare

Postby hoashooter » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:40 pm

The newness will quickly wear off and then move to a decet Gamo pistol/rifle
hoashooter
.38 cal

Postby Action team » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:47 am

Airsoft can be great practice. Action Airgun is promoting a new sport utilizing Airsoft pistols. Its a nationwide competition.
You shoot a given course of fire against a timer and enter your scores on the website. You are ranked against everyone across the country. They sell a Kit that has everything needed to compete. You can set the 8x16 course in a basement. actionairgun.com has all the details.
Check it out !
Action team
.22 cal

Postby aliasneo07 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:29 pm

I wouldn't personally recommend them for practice, no. Only because most don't feel like really guns, don't have all the safety features, and the rounds fly everywhere in every direction once they reach a certain distance from the barrel. (Depending on the weight of the BB) The .25 gram ones are okay.

Personally for training I really like the Walther PPK/s air pistol. Its inexpensive, feels like a real pistol, has a nice realistic blowback feature that is a big plus for training, and has all the safety features of a real pistol. NRA uses these for youth pistol training I believe. C02 powered, has a decent BB shot capacity in easily reloadable magazines...its sweet.

Here's a nice little kit http://www.pyramydair.com/p/walther-ppk ... -gun.shtml --- otherwise you can buy pistol only: http://www.pyramydair.com/p/walther-ppk-bb-gun.shtml

I recommend pyramid air they're a good place to buy from. Anyway, the accuracy won't be as good as say a pellet pistol, but its better than an airsoft gun.

Good luck!
aliasneo07
.22 cal

Postby Action team » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:05 am

Actually, the kit from ACTION AIRGUN is Very nice. The gun is a Full Metal 1911 replica WITH Gas Blowback !!!
It is fully functional WITH Safety's... It has adjustable sights as well. At over 300fps its just as good as a pellet gun.
The BEST part is that you can use it to Compete !!!
Their Online competitions are great fun and really get you to Hone your shooting skills.
Its an Action Shooting format ... shot from multiple positions against the clock. You enter your scores on the website and shoot against others across the country !!

Its a Hot and Upcoming sport !
Action team
.22 cal

Return to Target Shooting