California - Where to buy cheap ammo

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by Kimber1911, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Kimber1911

Kimber1911 New Member

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a .45 Kimber and a .40 Glock... I want to go shooting more often but it gets $$$$ depending on how often I go... I get my ammo at Wal-Mart, 100 rounds of .40 for about $32.00 with taxes.

Does anyone know where I can pick up some ammo for cheaper?

2. kitsap

kitsap New Member

$16 for a box of 50 isn't bad in my book...... still, I can see your point. I've heard good things about www.Luckygunner.com You might give them a try. Advantage with doing business with them (assuming California still allows mail order ammo) is that their site is real-time stock update (i.e. if the site says they have it in stock then they really do...). They also have a "signature required" on delivery feature for an added $5 per order.

One other company comes to mind: http://mastercast.net
    These guys will sell you reloads at cheaper prices when you exchange your empty brass: (examples) 40 S&W 155 gr TCJ/FP - $9.03/50 with exchange; 45 acp 230 gr TCJ/RN - $11.05 with exchange. Exchanged brass should not be de-primed.
    Otherwise, I'd recommend that you get yourself some reloading equipment. You can do pretty well with a basic single press and amortize the cost of the basic equipment in a very short time; a progressive reloader will take longer to amortize so you might hold off on that until you were sure you wanted to go that route.

3. johnDjoker

johnDjoker New Member

Mine is .32 cal pistol which I acquire from my father-in-law
    i use this as a sort of self defense at home.
    want to see it?

4. Road Rat

Road Rat Member

Steal a thread.............. :x

5. weddingmarry

weddingmarry New Member

Mine is .32 cal pistol which I acquire from my father-in-law
    i use this as a sort of self defense at home.