Ket Tec P3-AT

Discussion in 'Pistol Opinions' started by Chaco1, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Chaco1

Chaco1 New Member

Looking to buy a Concealed Carry pistol looks like this may be the one but wanted to get opinions first. Any comments?

2. uglydog

uglydog New Member

I have a pair of larger Kel-Tecs, a P-40 and a P-11, and find them to be very good for the money. The 3AT has a very loyal and avid following so I would guess they are pretty dependable.

3. hoashooter

hoashooter New Member

You could do much worse

4. ElMonoDelMar

ElMonoDelMar New Member

I have a P3-AT and it's a good gun up close. I've got probably 300 rounds through mine with only 1 FTF. (Hard primer on Remington practice ammo.) It's pretty accurate up close, but lately the range I shoot at has only been letting us shoot from the 25 yd line. I have trouble hitting the silhouette most of the time from that range.

I'd say go for it. They're cheap, reliable and SMALL. You can hide these guns anywhere.

5. Paul F.

Paul F. New Member

Yep. P3AT or P32 and HydraShoks and you are ready to go. I'm 6'4" and thin and these guns will, indeed, hide anywhere.

6. Chaco1

Chaco1 New Member

Yep I already have a Taurus CIA .357 and a Colt 1991 .45 to carry when I have a coat on or clothes to conceal them well. I want a gun I can stick in my shorts pocket in the warmer months. A friend has one and I have shot it was actually surprised how accurate it is for such a small gun. We consistently shot a pop bottle at 10 yardfs or so. I also fopund a laser that will fit on it on the Kel-tec web site for 150 bucks.

Now that Nebraska has finally pased a concealed carry law.

7. Chaco1

Chaco1 New Member

Well got my pistol ordered and paid for now I have to wait for it to get here...... Is it Saturday yet???

8. Chaco1

Chaco1 New Member

Got the pistol today. Now I need to get out and shoot it can't wait.

9. ElMonoDelMar

ElMonoDelMar New Member

You might want to bring some shooting gloves with you if you plan on doing an extended break-in session. The webbing between my thumb and pointer gets sore if I shoot mine too much.

10. Chaco1

Chaco1 New Member

Well finally got out and shot and I am very happy. I was surprised at how accurate the gun is for a small DAO semi. It does have a bit of a bite after several clips but it is not too bad for a 8 ounce gun.