Target Shooting Problem

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by jnc39, Apr 11, 2011.

1. jnc39

jnc39 New Member

I am an experienced pistol shooter(plinker) who has been away from shooting for a while and recently started shooting again. I shoot a Ruger Single Six .22, right handed. I have sighted the pistol from a rest to be on target center. Shooting one handed my shots tend to group at 9 oclock on the target. I have worked on my trigger control and am getting the proper "surprise" trigger break. I tend to think the problem may be with my grip. Any suggestions would be much appreciatrd.

2. Billythekid1958

Billythekid1958 New Member

3. boatdoc173

boatdoc173 New Member

sorry if this is repeat but my original post did not go through

anyway I am a novice

I have been waiting for 3months for my permit so I can buy and shoot my own weapons

that said, shooting at the range wa s frustrating and expensive as I only had the NRA basic course to go by and no instruction

I ended up reading encyclopeiaofbullseyepistol.com--the US army marksmanship manual is in there+ on ine I found the Marines manual of pistol marksmanship

Finally I found Al Legions perfectpistolshot.com-- that blog + his book helped me a lot

I followed his suggestions and added some I have seen on youtube(Todd Jarrett has great videos, fist-fire has one too) about grips and trigger control and front sight use.

I am more consistent now-- still have a long way to go but I am better

hope this helps

happy memorial day to all thos e who served. good safe shooting to you too :lol: :mrgreen:

rob